Monday, September 7, 2009

Good Hearts Fixing Life Partner

In a few years, I would be 30yr...Usually, at my age, many Indian guys would already got married or planning to get married soon with ready life partners. It is not so different in my life too, but the thing is, people around me are more excited to see me getting married soon than me.

Within my family, my aunties would like to look for me a nice Indian girl. When they told my parents infront of me of their intention, my mom just smiled and said, "When the time comes, he will get married".
I could read my mom's mind. She wished I could be a priest rather than getting married but I could see that there are some changes in her heart recently. Unlike my mom, my father's side would like to see me getting married to an Indian, and if possible, a girl from India.

Since I am serving for Bahasa Malaysia Eucharistic Celebration in church, there are people with different opinions. My church has a good number of Ibans. I serve with them and I do activities with them too. And there were sometimes where they asked me that I would like to marry an Ibanese. Moreover, sometimes I hangout at my "kakak angkat" 's residence. She is an Iban, but her husband is a Bidayuh. Amy, her sister-in-law, who is my age stays there too. Amy and I are good friends. We are like a tag-team in church's activities. I could rely on her on administration stuffs and she relies on me on getting things work. Together, we make a great working team. But people misunderstood our relationship and even wanted me to propose her. Haiz... "Babi sama babi mah. Sure bisa kerja bersama." We were born in 1983, the year of pig.

Nevertheless, there are a small community of Kadazans in my church who are great singers. My sweetheart, Phoebe Ng, is a Kadazan too, but she is more Chinese than Kadazan. Mom Chinese/Kadazan-Dusun. Father is a Chinese. There were at some occasion that they would like to see me getting married to a Sabahan, but definitely not Phoebe Ng. She is 21yr different.

Lately, I was thinking about these. Why these things happening? And I could come up with only one answer. It is because of the God's blessing. He has blessed me with a gift to blend with any community regardless race, age, and religion. I thank my Lord for this gift and I pray that He will continue to bless me with this gift.

Last but not least, I would like to marry only my love. I wish this is possible.

No comments: