Monday, September 21, 2009

Life is Unfair and Yet It Is Beautiful

Life is not so fair.... Once again life is revealing it's truth.

Comfort is many people's dream. Many of us wanted comfort living. Me too not so different. But again my employee's words always have come to my mind and reminding me why I shouldn't look for comfort for now.

His words are, "Never say that you are comfortable with the current job. You shouldn't be."
And, "Ordinary people, extra-ordinary performance."
He has many more, but these are more suitable for my sharings.

I feel comfortable if I don't work. Better if not waking up early every morning, but discipline mould a person to be a survivor.

I feel comfortable if I just do my job, without being curious and learning new things, but learning leads me to broader pool of knowledge.

I feel comfortable if I never ask questions and make myself look like an idiot, but by asking questions I teach myself more than the person who don't.

I feel comfortable if I reject to take lead on some jobs, but by being a project runner, I sharpen my project handling skill and at the same time I am becoming a trustworthy person to my employees.

I feel comfortable if I never make myself busy serving in church's choir, youth ministry both parish and diocese level, being active in Bahasa Malaysia Apostolate (KUBM), and also allocate some time to visit my friends in Nilai, but I have some knowledge and talents that are worthful if I share them.

I feel comfortable if I never wanted to start a relationship, just being her friend, and stay single since being in relationship with her could be very challenging in many angles, but I love her and challenges occur at any relationship.

When I look at the opposite site of comfort, burdens are waiting there. If I stay at comfort zone, I would be forever an ordinary person. But beyond burdens, comfort is waiting. That comfort is more precious because it is earned. I wanted to earn my comfort and therefore I could happily say that life is unfair and yet it is beautiful.

Declare beauty again

No comments: