Thursday, January 20, 2011

Zhongguo Xinnian Kuaile

Reaching the particular days soon, I know I know but I won’t be blogging about Zhongguo Xinnian on the days. For those of you who doesn’t understand what is ‘Zhongguo Xinnian’, Zhongguo means Chinese also China, and Xinnian means New Year, and Kuaile completes the greeting ‘Happy Chinese New Year’. Kuaile is Happy in greeting. Okay. I maybe wrong since I’m very amateur in Chinese.

Back to my school days when I was in Standard One, my first Chinese friend, Chindian actually, Dinesh Hong. And my first enemy in the same class eventually became friend, Gan Chun Bee. I was competing with Dinesh in studies when I was in Primary school. I do not know whether he has noticed that before. Dinesh mostly faired better than me in test and exams and we always end up at top five in them. Gan Chun Bee although has spoiled my stationeries and sometime steal them too, it is because of him I got 100% in my English Final Test during Standard One. That naughty guy eventually became a prefect in school. Anyhow we are not in touch now but I still remember them. Hope we would be bumped into each other one day.

The first Chinese woman that I had crush on is my English teacher in Standard Six. Haha. I don’t remember her name. She was a petite with glasses and thin. Can’t talk much about her. Teacher. Must RESPECT!!.

And the first Chinese child who became so close to me, Phoebe Ng. I like children but who don’t. She is very adorable to many because she has a gut to approach and talk to anyone no matter what is their age, but she is also a shy person sometimes. Everytime I takes her picture, she will give me a look like she wanted to bash my face. But I am guy that likes to take candid shots. I would say that her parents are really blessed and she is blessed with a wonderful mother. I do not about her father because I have never met him but he must be a wonderful man too. I am hoping to see her growing up into a beautiful woman one day. Things might change in time. People might move or migrate.

In New Year, new resolutions, new hope, new commitment, new dream occurs and some are still to be continued. No matter what, Chinese community has been always giving a wonderful environment during the season. The colour of red and gold, the oranges, the series of songs in television, the good back to back movies, and not forgetting the fire-crackers and lion dance. That’s the time that we get bonuses from employer to be given away as ang-paus. Note that. “ANG-PAU”. So when I come to your house this New Year, ehem, please give me your bonus in Ang-pau packet.

Have a Prosperous New Year everybody. GONG XI FA CHAI!!!.

If my sentences are like clumsy bear, please pardon me because I couldn't concentrate with my typing since I'm having a severe pain on my right shoulder. Thank you

No comments: