Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Life with Children

Children can make our world wonderful. With innocents around us, we would feel that we could forget about this world totally and our whole concentration goes to the children. Since young, there were many children that I have raised, played with, taught and so on. You may say that you did that too, but have you ever blogged it? These are some children that became so special to me.

First would be my two sisters, Siru and Thooba. Both are two and four years younger than me. Though sometime we fought, scolded each other, hurt each other and many more, my sisters were, are and will be forever ‘my two eyes’. I had given up a lot for them, especially for the first one.

Second would be my cousin, Kiruba. She is not a near cousin but when we were neighbours, her mother used to leave her in my house every morning before she leaves to work. That was the first and infact the last time too my mom became a Nanny. Kiruba was then a baby of few months but she could recognize me very well compare to my mom and sisters. So somehow, I became her nanny instead of my mom.

After that, Kiruba once again came to my house when she was going to kindergarten. At that time, I was in Form Three. Since I was going to school on morning and come back at evening, I hardly spent time with her. This time, my sisters became close to her. Well. Atleast Siru stopped complaining why I could get closer with some children compare to them.

After some years, another far cousin, Aruna, who was also my neighbour at that time, always dropped by my house. Her grandmother’s house and my house were just 7 metres away. She doesn’t like her grandma, so she would always escape from there and spent the whole morning till evening at my house. Sometimes, she would spent the whole day and mess my house. Haha..

At the same year, my family and me sometimes went to Klang to join the mass celebration at Our Lady of Lourdes church. In Klang, my cousins Theeban, Arievin and Clare, who always asks me to tell some funny stories, are there. Arievin, Theeban and I would sometimes talk about football, football, football and maybe some other stories. Once, I have bought a Professional Chess set for Arievin and Theeban since they like to play chess. For Clare..yet to buy something.

The next would be not one, two or three but more than hundred children. These children were my catechism students, both my class students and non-class students. These kids (now have become teenagers) were great. In enjoyed the moments of their laughter, the time I could spent with them when they were sad, their teasing, their jokes, their intellectual ideas and opinions and many more.

Then, there are three siblings. Children of my ‘kakak angkat’. Meiliyini aka Momok, Meiline aka Meiline, and Alicia aka Cha Cha. These girls always remind me of my idol, Donald Egbert’s daughters, the first one I have forgotten the name, Clarissa, and Claudine. Like the Egberts, I believe they too will be blessed and serve the church and be passionate with what they are doing. This family somehow has become mine too and sometimes I sleep at their house.

And finally, Phoebe Love Angel Ng. I call her ‘Naughty Girl’. She likes to point her butt to me. Haha… and somemore tells me that she ate noodles through that. Hahaha…Really very naughty. Since her mom always brings her along wherever she (the mom) goes, at the time when we have church’s activity meeting, she would ‘conteng’ some pictures on empty pages of my note book. Once she drew a seaside view with some clouds. I asked her, “Where are the birds?” So she drew some birds on the clouds and one in the sea. I asked her again, “Why you did draw that bird in the sea?” You know what she answered? “That bird fly fly fly and died” All I could think is ‘such an intelligent view from a 5 years old’.

These backgrounds do not make me special but, the memories of being with them are special. Siru, Thooba, Kiruba, Aruna, Clare, Theeban, Arievin, the catechism children, Momok, Meiline, Cha Cha, and Phoebe Ng, all these children made and making my life cheerful. I may not get the chances like these again anymore as I am getting older. I know that one day, these memories will be my treasure to keep me going through my tough life in future.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

i know.. find a gal, make her pregnant then yosh~~~ u got a kids dy haha..

Anbuchudar said...

Could you think any respectful idea?

Wendy Pang said...

come on.. find a gal, marry with her, get a child..

Yosh, u got kids dy haha

Now is ur own kids

Nicole said...

haha... well, she is telling the truth. but the way wendy said is a bit straightforward la.. esp the part,"make her pregnant"

Anbuchudar said...

Crazy Wendy.. You need more vegetable?

Marrying a girl is a big question mark for me. I couldn't accept the girl I love because of certain reasons, and at the same time, I couldnt think myself marrying another girl..

Maybe it is going to take a very long years before I could take the nexr step..