Tuesday, August 19, 2008

If just life is so simple

The story of why I went to study in college was never been told to anybody. No one knows the real reason. Even my parents.

After my STPM. Well I did Form Six last time and I was really playful. Getting into Form Six Science stream is not easy, and I wasted the opportunity. Before I entered the school for my Sixth Form studies, I expected the Form Six life would be full of discovering things practically, getting involved in club activities, and leading the lower form students in exploring the wonder of young age, but it was not how I thought it should be. All I saw was students with books, books, and books. Nothing else. Even the teachers were having the same believes. It was all about getting As so that they can enter the Public Universities. I totally hated to study. I tried to enjoy the school environment and forgetting about studies. That was the time, I got interest in doing chemistry lab practice, the bisecting of mice and insects collection for biology subject, the schools events like Canteen Day, Teachers Day and lots more. I also had a relationship with a girl. Buying a bouquet of roses for her birthday, ordered an ice-cream fruit jelly cake, so that we could celebrate the day together. So, all these dreams when 'poof' one day when I realized that STPM is coming. I passes two out of four subjects. The other two I get half-passes.

My father never gave up on me, so sent me to TAR College to attend tuitions for my STPM resit. Frankly telling you, I gave up on studying. I hated studying. Studying should be fun for me but I did took it more serious this time. I wanted to give something good for my father. In the end, I get the same two passes but with greater grades this time.

After that, my life was totally useless. For one year, I was not doing anything. I wanted to work but my the offers I get was not office jobs, but jobs that finishes at 11.30pm or 12.00pm. Sales person jobs, or cashiers. My father against of me doing these type of jobs. As the time passes by, I realize that I should end up doing something worthful so I thought of becoming a priest since I had this thought before I entered the Form Six. Since I wanted to become a priest, I was looking forward to study in a college, getting a degree so that I would become a better candidate as a seminarian.

At the age of 22, I enrolled into INTI College Malaysia now known as INTI International University College. I chose to do Quanitity Surveying since I like Maths and I have experience in doing free-lance architecture drawing. With the determination of getting a diploma and continue doing degree for the sake of priesthood, I stepped into INTI-UC. I told my priest who actually thought that I could just work for some years instead of going to college to enter seminary that I wanted do this to get a clearer picture of my vocation to priesthood. I said that I needed sometime to gain confidence that I could become a great priest. Entering college would be a good opportunity to do so.

As I was doing my studies in INTI, I had a tough time to get along with subjects. My first semester itself I get a fail in Introduction to Computer subject. I really struggled to get into the momentum of excelling in studies. Though I know that my academic performance is not good, my passion towards other activities never went off. I kept on involving in my church activities, reviving chess club in college and making it to progress into a great club, involving myself in other events, and enjoying my youth. I learned about Counter Strike, handphones, latest trends, words, hand-shaking, yamcha, and lots more. Through my subjects I learned that time is money, how to invest in business, how to think about risking for profit, how to speak confidently, what is the value of money, how to be a leader.

After sometime in INTI, I revived the Catholic Society, which then named as Catholic Students Society. I did it as my another task of my vocation. I tried to form it for three times. My third trial was a lucky shot. I met Alicia, Leo, and Justin Lim on the first day of meeting. Then it grows to a good number. Fr. George visited us once. That was the day, I met this girl. That time she was just another club member for me.

As time passes, I got back into the track. I was able to get to understand what I am studying. I was happy with my CSS friends, the committee. They became a part of my family. At the same time, I was interested in her more and more. I was confused. My plan is getting out of track. I was falling in love to a girl and I wanted to believe that all of those feelings was just an attraction towards her attitudes. I was stubborn to admit that I like her. Time goes by and my stubborness gets weaker. I started to spent sometimes with her, going dinner with her and yet I was confused of my true vocation. Am I called to priesthood or marriage? Another problem is, I am 5 years older than her.

There were sometimes where I wanted to say that I like her, but my responsibity towards CSS stopped me. Being in relationship will divide my time for CSS. I would have to spent time for her which I thought I should not for now. I put the family of CSS before me. Moreover she is young. I already passed her age and enjoyed that age. It is time for her to enjoy this young age. Enjoy her youth. I was taking a risk. A risk of losing her to another guy at anytime.

At my last day in INTI, I really cried for not telling her that I like her. My heart was hurting. I always believe that a man that does not tell his feeling to a girl is a coward. At the end, I too became a coward. That night, I was thinking about my action. Am I doing good for her? Is she a part of my vocation test? Or is she my future? Am I dealing with a 'teenage love' at this age?

Why did I stepped into another track? I was going smoothly on a track before I met her. If just life is so simple for me...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

who who who??? i want to know who is it that is younger than u 5 years.

Anonymous said...

no wonder you were in such a rush last night...

i have no experience in these matters...but for me love is natural... and age does not matter (my mother is older than my father by 7 YEARS..and u see how successful they are)

you're still young la.. lots of time for you to figure out stuff.. God will show you the way.. =)

Nicole said...

omg... dun tell me tht i knw tht girl... very very very very super duper familiar they way u mentioned tht girl.......... seems like i knw her..hmmm.... anbu...

Wendy Pang said...

Age doesnt really matter, what matter is the true feeling u have towards her n by d way, as long as u have the will, u can still confess....Life is mystery, u will find ur true path when u go according to ur heart..God is opening his door and guiding u afterall.. Good luck!

Nicole said...

dear anbu... age shall nt be a barrier if we truly love/like someone.

go ahead... who knows? granddaughter will support u!!! ^^

Anbuchudar said...

Thank you guys but I was just talking to Mr. Blogger because I had nobody to talk during my last day in INTI.
All went home leaving INTI like a zombi town.
I actually dont really know what to comment now but I would like to tell you guys that I appreciate your concerns

Anonymous said...

*waves to nicole* hihihi~

...come to think of it..it was quite obvious that you were paying special attention to her but how come i didn't realize it leh.. hahahaha!! sorry sorry~ ^^; gambate, anbu~

Nicole said...

i thought something was fishy....

ps: anbu... plz off the 'word verification' thingy.

Anbuchudar said...

Uik? I did off it.

Anonymous said...

Hi bro...

Will it be such an issue to have both?

If possible... go for both...
Possibly God is giving you a challenge on how you can manage both...

I agree with your friend... follow your heart...
Life is never always a bed of roses... they must be a meaning in each and every events... no matter for good or for bad...

Go experience la...

All the best in whatever decision you made...

Live life to the fullest, everyone only have once...

Anbuchudar said...

Meei Ying!!! You too reading my blog?!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah... bro... hehe~

Gambattee....:)

Anonymous said...

anbu!
i know this is a long-time-ago post but well, what can i say?
am a slow-poke.

this is my very first time posting a comment on blogspot. so please do feel honoured. haha.

firstly, i've to say: OMG!
i randomly came across this post of yours and honestly, i finally understood how you felt. be strong anbu. stay strong. =)

secondly, i cant believe you actually linked my blog on your page. noooooonse. never ask permission somemore. then simply give me such a nick. tsk tsk.

anyway, hope things are better for you now.. till then, hope to see you soon! if you ever plan to visit inti, do let me know k. we can go catch up, go yamcha or smtg ;)

take care.
xoxo